A MESSAGE FROM THE OCEAN CITY CHIEF OF POLICE
On behalf of the men and women of the Ocean City Police Department, I want to welcome you to Ocean City, Maryland! Part of our mission is to ensure that your stay here is safe and enjoyable. We welcome all of our visitors for OC BikeFest with the expectation that they will be safe, courteous and respectful while abiding by our laws and ordinances.
The Ocean City Police Department wants OC BikeFest to be a very successful but safe event for all attendees. The following safety tips should serve as friendly reminders for an enjoyable stay:
- It is illegal to carry an open container of alcohol or consume alcohol on public property in Ocean City, MD. This includes the beach, boardwalk, streets and sidewalks.
- Parking meters are strictly enforced 24 hours a day. In Maryland, up to four motorcycles may park in a single parking space; but if the space is metered, all motorcycles must have a receipt showing that they paid to park.
- Maryland law requires motorcyclist to wear a helmet while operating or riding on a public roadway. Motorcycles must also have a windscreen in place or the operator must wear an approved eye-protective device.
- Driving any motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not tolerated by our officers.
- Ocean City Police personnel will take strict enforcement measures against speed violations, negligent/reckless driving, spinning wheels, equipment violations and alcohol related driving offenses.
- It is unlawful for oversize vehicles or trailers to be parked on any municipal lot, street or public ways within the corporate limits of Ocean City. It is highly recommended that participants check with their place of lodging for trailer parking, find other privately-owned lot accommodations or approved parking outside the corporate limits of Ocean City.
- Always use crosswalks when crossing Coastal Highway and all other roadways in Ocean City. Drivers are strongly encouraged to be extremely vigilant while driving and be aware of all pedestrians, bicycles and scooters.
We look forward to welcoming you for another safe and successful OC Bike Fest and we will see you in September!
-Chief Ross Buzzuro